While training for Ironman Lake Tahoe, I had the pleasure of being coached by Jeff Pearson, one of the best open water swim coaches, Jeff Pearson, a professional swimming coach with 20 years experience, which includes, the USA National Team. As a swimmer, Jeff was also a member of the USA Swimming National Team and won the USA Swimming National Championship in the 10K open water. Jeff still holds the United States Masters Swimming 2 mile cable swim National record.
Information about Jeff’s swim clinic and my interview with Jeff can be found here:
Jeff and his wife Kristy shared one of their favorite healthy recipes which they borrowed from: www.elanaspantry.com
Green Chili Turkey Burgers
- 2 (4 oz.) cans diced green chili
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 cup cilantro, finely chopped
- ½ cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- In a medium sized bowl, mix diced chili with turkey, cilantro, onion, cumin, chili powder and salt
- Form into burgers and grill
I modified this recipe to create a burger with a sweet and spicy flavor. I replaced 1 (4 oz) can of diced chili with ½ cup of finely diced apple (1 medium apple).